Thursday, January 5, 2017

Working up Hill (Street)

There is a gentlemen named Andy Kramer that posts on the Big Blue Trains forum regarding his progress of his 1950's Milwaukee Road Layout. (Click Here for Link) He is  a good modeler and does a good job detailing each scene, but what really impresses me is his approach to his modeling. He essentially completes one whole area before moving on. He will build benchwork, get his backdrop done, lay track and then start working on the scene. He will work from the back of the layout towards the front and from one side to another, not moving along until that section is completed. I have tried a number of times to get projects only to get them somewhere between started and almost finished, but never done. I have decided to try Andy's approach with my Hill Street module. The plan is to start from the back to front and I will be working from left to right. Since I have already started a number of these structures it will not be in the full Andy Method, but it will be better then just building more stuff to put in a box.

 Here is my first structure that I will be completing and it is a bit of a run down house on the edge. It will feature a garage that is falling apart being held together by the junk inside of it. The house will also be run down needing at least a coat of paint, probably also a new roof and of course a good cleaning of the yard. I have more pictures in the Projects In Progress page of the buildings.


No comments:

Post a Comment