Sunday, February 1, 2015

Modeling on the Road

With my new job, I have lots of time to sit around hotel rooms and waste time. I decided that my time would be much better spent actually building model railroad stuff. So I dusted off an old wood toolbox I had, loaded it up with tools and gathered a project. I took the show on the road and so far I am happy with my decision.


Here is my tool box, opened up and ready to get some modeling done in my hotel room. The only thing I am going to change is the lid of the box, I plan to make it taller so I can store my glue and paint upright. I also plan to add some dividers in the drawers to maximize the space.

3 comments:

  1. Nice tool box, I take it that you drive rather than fly for this travel. That box would never have gotten past the TSA to travel with me on a plane and I would have been reluctant to try and send it through my checked luggage mostly because of potential damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful vintage toolbox. Are you sure you want to go modifying the lid? I'd find smaller glue bottles!

    (My new favorite CA, btw, is Gorilla glue - the cap has a little needle in it to keep the tip from clogging. A little thick, but worth it to know I will probably use every drop of that adhesive over a longer period of time than the usual little tube of Super Glue.)

    So, what is the first model to receive your efforts using these tools from this box?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris: Yes I drive to most locations, if I have to fly I will use those trips to do research or maybe collect some materials.

    Galen: This toolbox is only about 14 years old, they can be purchased new from a few different vendors, I believe this one new was around $200 My first model is the house I am building for the Choices Challenge on Railroad Line Forums

    ReplyDelete