Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Base Coat

After giving the top of the module a coating of Sculptamold I decided to do some basic track weathering. I used artist oils and Gouache to paint and weather the rail. Once everything had dried I painted the top of the module with some brown paint from the 'oops' section at Home Depot. With the paint still wet I spread dirt over the top of the module and also some Highball N scale ballast for the parking lot area. I then worked more dirt and ballast spraying the dry spot with water and covering it with a 50:50 mix of water and Matte Medium. I have some more photos in the Projects in Progress page that show some more details of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment